Kiefer Auctioneers Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These are the Terms and Conditions for this auction. They consist of the complete outline below between you (“the Bidder”) and Kiefer Auctioneers known as (“Auctioneer”).
If you want to bid in this auction, you must agree and understand that you have read, understood, and agree to these Terms and Conditions. All parties will be expected to abide by the Terms and Conditions listed within.
AJ Shasteen Estate Dispersal Auction: Saturday, January 4th, 2020
1703 County Road 123, Gainesville, TX 76240
On-site Live Auction Start Time: 10:00am
Auction Preview Date: Friday, January 3rd from 10:00am-3:00pm
- This is a Public Auction.By registering to bid in this auction, you acknowledge and agree to these terms and conditions. Lots will begin with Lot#1 and end with the last Lot Item at the conclusion of the auction. Bidding will be available on-site.
- Paymentwill be processed immediately after each lot is sold on January 4, 2020. You MUST check out and process payment with a staff member of Kiefer Auctioneers at the on-site office. Payment can be made by American Express, VISA, MC, Discover, Wire Transfer, Bank ACH, Check with Bank Letter of Guarantee or by cash or cashier’s check. Kiefer Auctioneers must have a Bank Letter of Guarantee PRIOR to the day of the auction if purchasing with check. All buyers should be available by cell phone (or other phone number provided at registration). If any form of payment does not go through and the winning buyer cannot be reached by cell phone within 2 hours of Auction Company notifying buyer, Auctioneer reserves the right to resell the items to the back-up bidder without notice. Once payments are received, a paid invoice will be given to the winning buyer to present to auction staff when removing any item. A paid invoice will be required to remove purchases. No items may be removed until payment is made in full. IF YOU COME THE FOLLOWING SUNDAY TO PICK UP REMAINING ITEMS, YOU MUST BRING YOUR PAID RECEIPT WITH YOU TO PICK-UP YOUR PURCHASES. AUCTION COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ITEMS AT THE CLOSE OF AUCTION.
- Texas Sales Taxwill be charged unless the buyer has provided a signed Sales Tax Resale Certificate or Agriculture Exemption Certificate. All buyers MUST email or provide their signed resale form or agriculture exemption certificate prior to the end of the auction in person or emailed to: email@example.com or Sales Tax will be applied. No exceptions will be made.
- Removal:Saturday, January 4thimmediately following the conclusion of the auction until 5:30pm. Sunday, January 5th from 9:00am-4:00pm. Any additional arrangements MUST be made with the Auctioneer immediately following the auction in writing with buyer and auctioneer signature authorizing agreement. AUCTIONEER DOES NOT OFFER SHIPPING BUT CAN PROVIDE SHIPPING RECOMMENDATIONS. SHIPPING IS NOT INCLUDED IN BUYERS PURCHASE PRICE. Bring your paid receipt for removal of all items purchased. Anything remaining after removal time will be considered abandoned. The Auctioneer is not obligated to issue you a refund if you are unable to pick up and remove your items during the published removal times. Auctioneer, nor the seller, is not responsible for any type of thefts, accidents, fires, and/or property damage and personal injuries.
- Loading On-Site:Kiefer Auctioneers will be onsite to help load anything out within reasonable weight from the auction.
- Contract Movers:If buyer wishes to hire or contract with a machinery mover or other such type of outside contractor, the Auctioneer will not allow them to work on the sale premises unless they have placed with the Auctioneer PROPER INSURANCE protecting Kiefer Auctioneers, and AJ Shasteen Estate, against any or all such claims arising from personal injury and/or property damage created by their actions. This requirement is for the Seller’s and Auctioneer’s protection – NOT FOR BUYER’S, therefore the Auctioneer suggest that the buyer review the insurance policies of the machinery mover or contractor regarding the coverage they have, protecting the purchaser and damage or loss of the equipment they may be moving for the buyer. Any buyer who brings their own motorized or powered equipment onto the sales premises to dismantle or remove equipment, must provide the Auctioneer with PROPER INSURANCE as stated above.
- Everything is sold “As-Is”: All items in the auction are being sold, “as is, where is” without warranties or guarantees of any type and with all faults. AUCTIONEER AND SELLER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Bidders should rely solely on their own inspection of all items prior to the sale and should satisfy themselves as to the usefulness and value of each item. Any statement in the description regarding the items to be sold should be considered a limited guide only. Any error in description does not relieve the buyer or his/her agent of their responsibilities to inspect. There are NO REFUNDS OR RETURNS.
- Bidder’s Dutyto Inspect and Investigate: You acknowledge that the Auctioneer is providing you with the opportunity to inspect the items being offered for sale in this auction. The Auctioneer strongly encourages you to attend the scheduled Auction Preview Day for this auction, which will take place on the date listed above. If you choose not to attend the scheduled preview or are in doubt about the condition, completeness, or suitability of a given item, please bid accordingly.
- Choose Wisely: We want everyone to get a good deal and most will. However, when you bid on the wrong item or decide an item is not suited for your intended use, our sellers will not assume the cost of your mistakes. You agree that your failure to inspect or otherwise become fully informed about the items offered for sale in this auction will not be grounds for a refusal to pay amounts due, nor for any claim against the Auctioneer.
- Buyer is Responsible:Seller, Auctioneer and Buyer expressly agree that Buyer is responsible for and agrees to indemnify Seller, Auctioneer and their respective affiliates for any and all damages (whether based on contract, tort, warranty, negligence, strict liability or any other legal theory, and including special, incidental and consequential damages), losses, expenses, attorneys’ fees, court costs, etc., that arise out of or result from the removal, possession or use of any items purchased at this auction, or any other claim regarding the use or possession of any asset purchased at this auction.
- Chargebacks Prohibited:Buyer agrees that they will accept all charges placed on the credit card associated with your account, and you agree that you will not charge back any amount that the Auctioneer charges to your credit card. You agree that this provision applies equally to amounts charged in connection with any items you have won and any such buyer’s premium or sales tax applicable.
- Default and Resale:You agree that if, after being declared the winning bidder, you fail to pay for any item that you have won for any reason, your account will be declared in default. If you still fail to pay for any item after being notified of your account’s being in default, you agree that the Auctioneer will have the right to immediately resell your item, and you further agree to pay (a) any cost associated with the resale and (b) any deficiency between your original purchase price and the resale price.
- Disposal of Unclaimed Items:In the event, you refuse to pay for or abandon any item that you win at auction, the Auctioneer will have the option of reselling, removing, storing, or disposing of the unpaid-for or abandoned item. You understand and agree that you will be personally responsible for all deficiencies – and all legal, collection, transportation, and storage expenses – associated with your delinquent account and/or abandoned items. In the event of resale, you agree to pay any cost associated with the resale as well as any deficiency between your original purchase price and the resale price.
- Suspension of Bidding Privileges:You understand and agree that any violation of these Terms and Conditions — and/or any unsafe or illegal activity during any auction-related event — may result in the Auctioneer suspending your online bidding privileges indefinitely. Nothing in this paragraph will limit the Auctioneer’s right to any other remedies at law or in equity.
- Missing Items:In the event an item sold in the auction is found missing prior to removal, the Auctioneer/Seller will only be responsible for the refund of the purchase price, buyer’s premium and any sales tax. Buyer agrees that the only compensation due them will be the refund of actual money paid.
- Claims and Choice of Venue:Any claim or controversy arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions, or to any breach thereof, will be resolved exclusively by a state court having jurisdiction in Denton County, Texas, or in the Federal District Court of Texas, where federal jurisdiction exists. Each party hereby submits to the jurisdiction and venue of such courts. You agree that all claims instituted by you will be litigated on an individual basis, and will not be consolidated with any claim made by another party. You agree that any judgments awarded may be applied to and collected from you personally or corporately. Should you file an action contrary to this paragraph, the defending parties may recover reasonable legal fees and costs. Further, if you bring a claim against the Auctioneer and do not prevail, and/or if the Auctioneer takes action against you as a result of your violation of these terms and conditions and is the prevailing party, you agree that you will reimburse the Auctioneer for all reasonable legal fees and costs including reasonable attorney’s fees.
- Governing Law & Venue:These Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of Texas.
- Entire Agreement:These Terms and Conditions contain our entire agreement and supersede any prior oral or written agreements relating to the same subject matter.
- For questions, please contact Auctioneer, Cory Kiefer: (903) 821-8717 or firstname.lastname@example.org. TX LC#16155